To regroup after the craziness of the move, we held our first Community Pulse meeting in our new model shop (pictured above) to discuss all things related to YOU, our wacky, quirky, infinitely loyal community. This weekly meeting is just one of many ways we’re working to improve the Quirky experience.
Here are just a few of the many, many things we discussed:
- Creating a central dashboard so that when you log onto our system, you can immediately view new activity on the site, receive notifications, track the projects you’re influencing, be alerted to follow-up comments on forum threads you’ve posted, etc.
- Demystifying our influence engine by creating a number of graphics that clearly illustrate variou Read More...
By popular demand, we’ve made a few changes to the layout of our Community Forum:
- There is now a small link to access the forum directly on the top bar of the site. No more digging around in the Learn section! You can also bookmark the following link for easier access: http://www.quirky.com/forums/.
- On the bottom of each thread post, you can find the following new links:
* Link: click here and a link to that particular post will appear in your browser.
* Edit: finally!
* Delete: duh.
We’re doing our best to make the Community Forum a comfy place to hang out between project phases. These are just a few of many user-suggested changes to come. Keep hitting us back with feedback, and we’ll keep implementing your ideas!
We wanted to remind you that Monday is March 1, which means our new terms and conditions will take effect. You might remember that Ben blogged about this here, but we figured we’d give you a recap below.
For all product ideas that are submitted on or after March 1st, 2010, the 30/10 product rewards will take effect. In other words, for Product 36 and onward, we will reward 30% to all influencers for direct sales on quirky.com, and 10% to all influencers for indirect sales (wholesale/distribution).
Remember, we are doing this to allow us to invest heavily and confidently in the expansion of all of quirky’s products into channel(s) which should allow for a LARGE increase in overall sales an Read More...
Yep, you heard us. We’re continuing our search for great, quirky people to add to our team. Check out the job description below, and pass it along to anyone who you think might fit the bill!
e-Commerce & Online Marketing Guru at quirky.com
The Quirky e-Commerce & Online Marketing Guru will be responsible for selling Quirky’s products directly on quirky.com <http://quirky.com>. This person will have experience with online marketing strategies such as SEM, SEO, affiliate networks, CPA display advertising, social sales tactics, and partnerships with other sites to drive sales. This person will also have experience with data-driven direct marketing techniques and work closely with a Read More...
My French Press coffee maker is one of my favorite items I keep in my apartment. The version I currently own is composed of many different materials like glass, metal, and some plastic. Each having a specific purpose, contrasting visual quality and feel, all working together to help to achieve its general function of brewing coffee.
There are a few stages to making coffee with a French Press. First you need to coarsely grind the beans, boil some water, stir, wait, cover…then press and pour. This simple method of brewing coffee tends to produce more flavor than a standard drip machine. But beyond taste alone, the french press style of brewing is a process that instills patience and proportion, skills that are much further Read More...
One of my passions is building companies. I’ve been involved in three start-ups over the past 15 years. One was successful and two were not. My definition of success doesn’t mean the company sold for a lot of money. Rather, I define success as building an incredible culture of smart, hungry, and humble employees all trying to build something extraordinary, and having customers who love us. If you can do those two things, really great things happen. That’s the kind of success I want to help recreate at Quirky.
I met Ben through a mutual friend in September. Over the next couple of months I got to know Ben and Quirky much better. Ben is an incredibly gifted person: bright, creative, and driven to see his dream of social Read More...
Today is moving day… I’m super excited about the new space, but 34 Ave A certainly treated us well. We had a great year here, and we’re ready for even bigger and more exciting things to come!
I figured it was a good day to share a few of my favorite memories from our first year at Quirky, on Ave A. Here are some things that stick out in my mind:
1. When our first product, Split Stick, hit threshold.
2. When we did our first Quick & Quirky event and decided to take on two products in just 24 hours. That call to Jeff Scholen at 1 am asking if he was cool with us moving forward with his concept, even though it wasn’t at the top of the community vote originally, will always st Read More...
Over the next 24 hours, we’ll be holding a special “design finalization” round on the Wrapster, Quirky’s new Earbud Cord Management Thingy. Log on to this link to view 3D renders of the two finalists, and cast your vote!
Know before you stow with Weigh To Go — the latest socially-developed product to hit Quirky’s online store. This snazzy travel accessory is available for a special pre-sale price of $33 ($5 off the retail price of $38), and has a threshold of 775. Snatch yours up today!
Weigh To Go is a multi-functional travel accessory whose compact form packs a digital scale, identification tag, and built-in lock to prevent theft. Tired of overweight baggage fees? With Weigh To Go, you can know before you stow!
Weigh To Go’s slim interface is made up of:
- A high gloss ABS plastic shell with a rubber bumper surrounding the exterior for protection while in transit.
- A durable steel carabiner with a built-in combinatio Read More...
Apple, iPad, iPhone, iPod and Mac are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Quirky, Inc. is an independent product development company having no affiliation or association with, endorsement from, or sponsorship by, Apple Inc.