Stand and Splash Guard: Introducing… Prep Step
posted ago by baron
The iPad is a device that can go almost anywhere, but there are still certain places where it fears to tread, a messy kitchen being one of them. Prep Step is a specialized stand designed to make the iPad as versatile in the kitchen as it is everywhere else. The stand includes a low-profile dock that can hold your iPad flat or at an angle, whether in landscape or portrait mode. A static-cling splash guard keeps your device safe and sound while you cook, while featuring a finger groove that makes application a cinch. With a stylish bamboo surface, and extra storage in the rear, Prep Step is a device that’s destined to become a countertop staple.
A prolific seeker of solutions, inventor Paulette Jaques Vincent Vedie developed Prep Step to help Apple fans use their iPads in the kitchen without putting them at risk. Over the course of a 24-hour design-a-thon, 344 influencers helped refine its final form, resulting in the design now displayed in Quirky’s Upcoming section. Head there now to check out more shots of Prep Step in action, and to help us determine its price.
– Angled stand surface to accomodate four different positions (angled/flat landscape, angled/flat portrait)
– Sleek metal dock to secure the iPad in an angled position
– Conductive, static-cling splash guard, with thicker base and finger groove for easy adjustment
– Rear storage compartment for splash guard and other small objects
– Plastic base
– Bamboo top surface
– Stainless steel dock bar
– Rubber overmolded dock pad and feet pads
– Touch sensitive, static cling splash guard screen
– Splash Guard: 238mm L x 183mm W x 0.5mm D (base of guard is thicker at about 1.5mm)
– Stand: 215mm W x 209mm L x 38.5mm D
Price, qty and features subject to change during production process.
*We were informed after the time of posting that this idea may have been submitted as far back as 2010. After reviewing the archive again, we discovered that Vincent’s submission from April 2011 was missed during our initial search. We apologize for this error.*