Launch Your Imagination: Introducing… Kepler Space Kit
Posted ago by Baron
While Quirky’s Kepler allows anyone to take stunning photographs from hundreds of feet up, we understand that some explorers may want to go higher still. That’s why we developed the Kepler Space Kit, a modification capable of sending a camera soaring into the final frontier. The base Kepler kit transforms with minimal waste: the kite turns into a parachute, the rods into landing legs, and the custom mount supports a capsule for high-flying travel. Add a weather balloon and a GPS transmitter, and your iPhone or Go Pro camera will be ready to blast off and return with footage of the great beyond (“Millenium Falcon” decal not included).
Inventor Brian Erickson first envisioned Kepler as a way for everyday folk to experience the magic of space, and while the product’s base kit is a little more down-to-earth, it’s not like Quirky to abandon a dream. With the help of 63 community influencers, that dream came to life through an incredible adventure: check out the video below for the full story, or head to Quirky’s Upcoming section to help us price this space-faring wonder!
– Modifications allow the Kepler photo kit to record photos and video from 100,000 ft
– Ripstop kite and rods transform into a parachute and landing legs for minimal waste
– Lightweight space capsule can mount either an iPhone 5 or Go Pro camera, keeping it safe and secure during flight
– Additional items required for a space flight (not included): helium, weather balloon, GPS for GoPro, batteries, audio beacon
– Carbon fiber legs
– Ripstop nylon parachute
– Acrylic case and mount
– Plastic housing
– Parachute: 1981mm Rokkukku Kite
– Iphone Mount: 118mm diameter
– Iphone Case: 81mm W x 132mm H x 13mm D
– Go Pro Case: 118mm diameter x 44mm height
– Legs: 305mm L x 44mm diameter
– Feet: 52mm H
– Lid: 72mm H x 118mm diameter
Price, qty and features subject to change during production process.